Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Whether you're here for a refreshing visit or call Otown home, make sure you enjoy some of the most popular things to do here during summer. Here's our take on them ...
1. Concerts at City Beach - Whether you're rocking out on Friday night during one of Buddy's Beach Bungalow's Bands at the Beach or enjoying the unique experience of the Oconomowoc American Legion Band - a 96-year old tradition!
2. Village Green Beer Garden - It's not just about the beer - even though each event's select crafts are amazing and delicious - it's about joining family, or making new friends in downtown Oconomowoc's open green space on Fowler Lake. Returning for it's second year, the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association is tapping into this year's beer gardens with a bigger tent, more delicious drinks for all ages and loads of fun in the park.
3. Moonlit Movies - Nothing can beat enjoying a great family movie al fresco. Let the kids play, then grab your blankets and lawn chairs and get ready for the show. *Special this year is Moonlit Movie's Wizard of Oz Anniversary celebration downtown. The event moves from Fowler Park in August and takes us to the land of Oz for a night out with Dorothy and friends you won't forget!
4. Badgerland Waterski Show - Traditionally before each Moonlit Movies park event, the acclaimed Badgerland Waterski Show Team impresses the crowd with their acrobatics and more. However, this year they've added even more shows on Fowler Lake. You won't want to miss this free family entertainment.
5. Independence Day Celebration - Stars, stripes, fun and fireworks! The Oconomowoc Rotary Club plans a special celebration near the national holiday each year. The afternoon begins with a parade through downtown which ends in Fowler Park. Grab some food and drinks and enjoy an afternoon in Fowler Park before the fireworks over the lake.
6. On the water - Because we celebrate the lakes in Oconomowoc which means "where the waters meet" you should get on on them! There are so many ways to enjoy the lakes including grabbing a paddle or renting a motorized boat and spending a day on the lake. Find out more.
7. Dining al fresco - Many of our downtown eateries and those beyond downtown in the city know how enjoyable it is to grab lunch, a drink or a treat and sit outside in the fresh air.
8. Play in the Parks - With more than 30 park spaces of which many house awesome playgrounds, we challenge you to see how many you can visit. Which will be your favorite? Of course play at Imagination Station will have to be a return visit throughout the summer!
9. Catch a Ballgame - or play some outdoor sports yourself! Check out our "Play" section on how you can get out and play this summer!
10. Festival Week - As summer wanes, we throw a weeklong party! You can't find more free fun packed into a small Wisconsin town than during Oconomowoc's Festival week. Mark your calendars for this year's festivities, Aug. 12-18. What's in store? Well... Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts - Kids Fest - Kids Day - Historic Boat Tours - Yoga on the Green - Light Up the Lake and so much more!