Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Local businesses can help you get started or get your current tacklebox ready to go.
Sherper’s Inc in downtown Oconomowoc is now open for curbside business.
“We will have people here ready to answer the phones or to help folks at the door to find the outdoor gear they need,” said Sarah Scherper.
You can order online and pickup curbside as well.
What’s more exciting is that Sherper’s is going to start kayak rentals May 2. All information will be on the website starting May 2. All reservations must be done online.
Looking to own your own watercraft? Sherper’s is running a sale on canoes, kayaks and paddlebaords, check out more online. They offer free delivery of those items within 25 miles. “There are lots of ways to help people get outside and on the water and enjoy the nice weather,” Sarah said.
• Hours: 10 a.m.6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
• Phone: (262) 567-6847
• Website: www.sherpers.com
• Services: Online shopping. Curbside pickup. Online reservations for kayak rentals starting May 2. Fishing licenses.
Fleet Farm Oconomowoc also has you covered for opening fishing. A staff member said they have been very busy and are here to help. He said they have starter kits for children and can help with any questions you may have.
They sell fishing licenses at Fleet Farm and they have nigh crawlers, wax worms and other limited live bait.
• Hours: 7 a.m.- 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
• Phone: (262) 468-5642
• Website: www.fleetfarm.com
• Services: Open during business hours for shopping. Fishing licenses.
Anglers are reminded to practice distancing etiquette. Here is some helpful info regarding opening fishing weekend from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
• All normal rules and regulations apply including the need for a valid 2020-2021 fishing license and bag limits
• Fish local in your community and have a backup plan, just in case
Boat launches are open at all open DNR properties – check locally for the availability for your favorite close-to-home launch
• Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between yourself and others you don’t live with
Add hand sanitizer to your tacklebox
Consider wearing a mask – the CDC recommends them in public settings to protect yourself and others
• Things might look a little different for the fishing opener in 2020. Create a new tradition. Find a new favorite fishing spot close to home. Facetime your friends to share in the experience.
Brush up on the regulations, read this year’s fishing report and more at https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Fishing/