Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1. Summer Farmers Market - Fresh produce, cool wares, yummy treats! Start your Saturday off right at the Oconomowoc Summer Farmers Market presented by the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce. The market is 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays, May-October in the Campus Parking Lot adjacent to 155 West Wisconsin Avenue.
2. Spring Gallery Night - Take a springtime stroll and stop to shop, sip, savor all that downtown Oconomowoc has to offer during this fun annual event hosted by the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association. Gallery Night is 5-9 p.m. Friday, May 3.
3. Fowler Lake Boardwalk - Grab a gelato, ice cream, drink, snack and grab a seat on the newly renovated Fowler Lake Boardwalk. Colorful outdoor furniture beckons you to have a seat and enjoy the lake in the spring weather!
4. Walk around Fowler Lake - You can start at Fowler Park, downtown at Village Green Park or anywhere along the way. Grab a friend, furry or other, and your walking shoes and take a walk around Fowler Lake. You can navigate the sidewalks that will lead all around Fowler Lake with views of the lake for much of the walk. Don't know the way? Just follow the other fellow walkers and you'll soon have a new favorite place to walk.
5. Memorial Day Ceremony - Spend time remembering our fallen service members during this event presented by the Oconomowoc Legion. The remembrance begins at the Rhodee Memorial Band Shell at City Beach at 10 a.m.
6. Beaches Open - Grab your suit and get your toes in the sand, City Beach and Bender Beach officially open Memorial Day weekend! Get some sun, get in the water, grab a snack from Buddy's Beach Bungalow and enjoy the start to summer!
7. Ride Your Bike - May is National Bike Month. We have a cool map that shows great routes to ride around the city. All of them lead to downtown. We have bike racks. So pedal around and then head downtown for some refreshments! If you feel more adventurous, we have links to lots of other great area trails.
8. Fishing Season Opens - Opening day for Wisconsin fishing season is the first Saturday in May. You can fish along any shoreline in the city as long as you have license and it's public property.
9. Kiltie Opens - We're never quite sure when it will happen, but when you see the flags flying at the Kiltie Drive-In it's a sure sign of the change in the season. Kiltie's annual cruise night car show is also held in May. Check their Facebook page for the date.
10. What do you think? Like the City of Oconomowoc on Facebook. We're launching a poll to ask and we'll take a top suggestion and add it to our spring must-do list!